Monday, May 30, 2016

TBB: Pecan Praline Scheherazades (p 404)


I haven't been baking much lately... as I mentioned before everyone in my family is on less-sugar diet. So instead of baking almost everyday after work, I work out instead since I have no more excuses to say to my husband that I do not have enough time to exercise.   But that doesn't mean I am not eating sugar.. I'm pretty much a sugar addict, so it seems now I am eating more chocolates, candies in place. 

When I saw this candy recipe, I knew I had to make some to satisfy my sugar cravings...lol!

This is a rather simple recipe. I had some toasted walnuts so I used walnuts instead of pecans.


Making the Caramel... 


The caramel stuck to the grease foil. 
I think next time I'll just use parchment paper which works better.


Roll into rounds.. and left it to cool... and I went out shopping


After 1-1/2 hours later, I got home and found my caramel flattened to disk and partially melted... 


I had to re-roll into rounds and wrap with parchment paper and put in the fridge. 



I love caramel but what I don't like is they get stuck to my teeth! 
One of my tooth filling came off !  So I have to avoid eating them until I get my filling done at the dentist.  Sheezz..! 








4 comments:

Vicki on June 1, 2016 at 10:33 AM said...

Oh no! And after everything you went through with that root canal. Your caramel looks good, though.

Angie's Recipes on June 1, 2016 at 4:31 PM said...

Sorry that your tooth filling came off...I can't remember when I last time had caramel...these look so very tempting!

Rose Levy Beranbaum on June 4, 2016 at 5:49 AM said...

my mother the dds is no doubt the reason i feel so guilty! i'm so sorry about your filling. and i know how hard it is to make these in hot and humid weather so brava for your efforts.

Unknown on June 12, 2016 at 10:49 PM said...

these look so very tempting!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template