Monday, November 16, 2015

TBB: Hazelnut Praline Cookies


So far I have yet to come across hazelnuts with skin.. all the hazelnuts I see here are all blanched.. thus I just toasted the hazelnuts to bring out the flavor. Then make the praline..as you can see below.  


I pulsed in the food processor a lot of times, but this is the best I could do.. not really like the description as "powder".. if you think powder..you would expect something like very dry and powdery. This is not even close to powdery..  After I made double batch of dough because pointless for me to keep half of this powdery praline since I have no idea what to do with it...  


I used the tiniest cookie scoop to scoop out 10g. I had to work fast..cos the dough melts super fast! So I didn't have any time to take photos..it's like Scoop-Flatten-Scoop-Flatten.....no rest in between to take photos! 

Here are the cookies.. Like Marie said, burn fast in oven..so must check at 10mins.

Taste wise: Really crispy and I love the texture.  It's not so sweet which is also a plus point and has caramelized hazelnut flavor.  I would think these cookies will be even better if coated with melted chocolate. But I'm lazy to temper chocolate.. so maybe next time..lol! 



5 comments:

Angie's Recipes on November 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM said...

Crispy and nutty...sounds like a perfect cookie recipe, Faithy.

Unknown on November 17, 2015 at 8:44 PM said...

Yeah the dough softened really fast. Funny huh? The taste was beautiful. I might have preferred a bit more salt. I like salty nuts. Besides that I thought it was a good cookie.

Vicki on November 18, 2015 at 1:04 AM said...

Really nice Faithy! Can freeze crumbs for another batch?

Patricia @ ButterYum on November 18, 2015 at 5:36 AM said...

looks pretty straight forward. You're lucky you can find blanched hazelnuts. I have never found them here, and it's a messy job to skin them at home (even the baking soda method). I think I might make a batch of these tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Unknown on November 18, 2015 at 6:27 AM said...

Blanched hazelnuts are the best - so much less trouble. I like the sound of your biscuit production line, scoop, flatten etc. sounds very efficient!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template