Monday, June 8, 2015

TBB: Classic Brioche


We made this when we made the caramel buns. It's the same recipe. Since this is a Classic Brioche, I guess it's suppose to be plain and eat like a loaf bread?  I wanted to try the traditional brioche shape so I bought the biggest brioche pan..which wasn't very big either.  


So bear with me - if I sound like I am repeating myself all over again. 

Make the sponge...


Pour the flour mixture and leave it for 1-2 hours.


Later mix in the eggs and then butter..and knead till you get stretchy dough.   This stretchy membrane dough is very soft because the weather here is VERY hot.  Everything is melting including me..


Then proof for 1 hour.. very fast.. cos so humid and hot at our room temperature. 


Then I just dump the whole dough into oil plastic bag. 
I didn't want to take it out to roll again.   I checked the fridge and it puffed up..so I fold inside the bag and then pressed it flat. 


Next morning, I shaped the dough.  I think I am supposed to roll the dough with a smaller side dough and ring it in the centre..but it's not easy to roll a dough that is melting so quickly.  

So I just put a baby dough on top of the mother dough.  The more I look at it, the more it looks like eerrr.....mmmm....  I placed in fridge to proof.  


After 6-7 hours in the fridge proofing, I took out from fridge for it to come to room temperature.


Egg glazed and Into the Oven. Baked for 40mins. I think it is a bit overbaked...I should try 35mins next time. 


Wow.. it ballooned up in the oven.  Lopsided though...hahaha~  


I cannot wait to try, so I broke off the tiny baby brioche to try. 


Next day we eat these for lunch with sunny side up eggs and bacon.



Very soft, rich and buttery.  
  The yellow color reminded me of Panettone.

I should have taken this slice with 2 scoop of ice-cream. 
Delicious ice-cream sandwich ever. :) 




  





9 comments:

Mendy on June 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM said...

ב''ה

Rose's brioche is the best!

I love the deep yellow color you got. You also got the top nodule really nice. :)

evil cake lady on June 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM said...

LOL about the shape! your brioche looks so finely textured. i would have never considered it for ice cream, but now i am...

Vicki on June 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM said...

It really turned out wonderful and in the extreme heat/humidity, too! Nigella has a recipe for a one step no churn coffee ice cream that she serves on brioche. Now that you mention how good it is I am going to try this.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ONE-STEP-NO-CHURN-COFFEE-ICE-CREAM-5550

Unknown on June 8, 2015 at 10:28 PM said...

Love the shape of it. Totally stealing the ice cream idea!

Unknown on June 9, 2015 at 4:59 AM said...

Beautiful! It is such a delicious brioche. Yours looks perfect. So sorry that it's so hot. I feel for you!

Angie's Recipes on June 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM said...

Your brioche looks perfect!!

Unknown on June 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM said...

The ice-cream sandwich is such a good idea :) Yours looks perfect like the ones in the French pastry shop. Such a lovely bake for the weather conditions too! --- Jeniffer

Michele at The Artful Oven on June 10, 2015 at 3:10 AM said...

Wow, Faithy, looks GREAT! I have never made the traditional shape with the topknot. I even have the mold for it, but somehow I always make the loaf instead. Glad to see another brioche enthusiast, this recipe is the BEST!

Milagritos on June 10, 2015 at 5:26 PM said...

What a lovely presentation, Faithy! Brioche must be one of the most versatile breads...you can eat anytime and with anything.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template