Tuesday, June 2, 2015

BB: Ricotta Loaf


Get all ingredients ready.


Knead for 10mins with mixer. 


The dough looks weird..like it has moon-craters. 


Very hard to handle without breaking apart. I put in the fridge overnight.


Overnight, still looking weird, so I re-rolled again..and it looked alright.
But after proofing at room temperature for 2 hours..the dough looked weird again.
I tried to slash but some parts of the dough came off but I could easily just smear it back again. 


Baked the loaf as instructed. 



The bread tasted like a cross between scone & bread. Tasted good but some what dense and heavy.

I would have preferred if it was made into tiny scones..cos the crust was the most flavorful part, I find. 

This is not like the kind of bread I like. When I think of bread, I think of something fluffy.  It's like how I don't like Banana Bread..and why I prefer Banana Cake.  
  
The next day, the bread is slightly harder and dry.  Another reason why I don't like bread that doesn't last at least 2 days...such wastage because our family won't be able to finish bread in a day.  Plus we like bread cottony soft. 

Or maybe I did something wrong along the way...that caused my bread to turn out like this...? 




5 comments:

SweetThingsTO on June 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM said...

It looks very nice - I guess it will become French Toast or grilled cheese? :-)

Vicki on June 2, 2015 at 8:19 PM said...

The crumb looks good. I like your idea of making it into small scone sizes.

Unknown on June 4, 2015 at 3:25 AM said...

Mine was heavy too. I doubt you did anything wrong. I think it's the nature of this recipe. Sweet Things made a very good suggestion. Make french toast or grilled cheese with what is left over. It's a perfect solution (if you haven't already thrown it out).

Angie's Recipes on June 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM said...

It looks GREAT to me, but if you prefer soft fluffy bread, then this might not the perfect one for you. It will make wonderful filling sandwiches.

Patricia @ ButterYum on June 5, 2015 at 3:59 AM said...

I grew up riding the subway and I would cringe every time I saw someone standing too close to the flatform edge. Still I get nervous when I see it. I love that you're always able to go with the flow, not matter what situations arise - you are a master baker! If you get a chance, I finally posted my tart and would love if you stopped by.

Patricia @ ButterYum
http://www.butteryum.org/roses-alpha-bakers/2015/6/3/tbb-french-orange-cream-tart

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template