Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BB: Touch of Grace Biscuits


I made half recipe as I wasn't sure if anyone would want to eat it. Good thing it was public holiday on May 1st and I could make it in the morning in time for breakfast. My daughter and helper ate up all. They liked it very much. 

Rub the shortening into the flour


Mix the cream/yogurt with the flour mixture


Use a scoop to scoop into flour 


Into a 6" pan & bake


Melt some butter..


Brush butter when it's out from oven


When it was hot from oven, it was very wet and doughy.
After it cooled down, it was just right.
Pretty good biscuits and easy to put together.




9 comments:

Vicki on May 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM said...

They turned out great! Look so nice and light and fluffy. So glad your daughter and helper liked them. Now if you had added sugar to the dough and filled with sweetened fresh strawberries after they cooled, they would be American style Strawberry Shortcake!

anitsirK on May 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM said...

Yours look great! Much firmer looking dough than mine, because yours were able to hold their shape when you dusted with flour. Mine were just a drippy sort of mess. Oh well, they were still yummy!

Unknown on May 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM said...

Looks great Peggy Pegs!

NancyB on May 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM said...

Nice looking biscuits! The 6" pan looks like a perfect amount--I'll have to remember the half-recipe for these next time I want fluffy biscuits.

Angie's Recipes on May 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM said...

I would enjoy a large one with a pot of freshly brewed tea any time of the day. They look very fluffy and delicious.

Unknown on May 7, 2015 at 1:50 AM said...

Our biscuits look exactly the same. So if you did something wrong so did I.

Unknown on May 14, 2015 at 6:53 PM said...

Oh yum! Makes me feel hungry. I'm glad someone in your house liked them.

Patricia @ ButterYum on May 16, 2015 at 12:36 PM said...

Very cute mini batch of biscuits. I like that you used yogurt. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and visit my post.

Patricia @ ButterYum
http://www.butteryum.org/roses-alpha-bakers/2015/5/15/touch-of-grace-biscuits

Anonymous said...

It really was nice how easy these were to whip up. Sweetened up with cream and fruit, they do make a lovely dessert base :)

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template