Monday, December 12, 2011

ABC: Eggnog Pound Cake with Crystal Rum Glaze


I've never tasted eggnog before even though i've seen and read about it all the time.  When Hanaâ mentioned how good this cake was, i just had to try it.  I went to a few supermarket to find the milk carton type..not canned ones and managed to find it in town! :)   I didn't have time to bake it this weekend which i had originally planned because i was out the entire day from morning till night..yup..almost 12 hours straight.  






So today, after work, I baked this..finally put it in the oven at 920pm!  And by 1030pm it was ready.. I didn't make the crystal rum glaze..but rum syrup glaze instead.  Brushed rum syrup all over and waited patiently for it to cool so i can cut a slice and try it!  So just a moment ago at 1130pm, i ate a slice and it tasted sooo good!! I love the texture and the hint of rum.  It's not the usual dense pound cake but rather moist and 'fluffy' light crumbs.   Definitely a keeper!   So far i've baked 2 pound cakes from her book and i'm loving it! :)  

So because it's running late, i took a quick photo and my camera ran out of battery..so that's the only shot i had.  And I am now posting this at 11:52..pm.. LOL! 

Good night! :)

Oh yes, please check out the  ABC blog roll.  Thanks! 


8 comments:

Hanaâ on December 13, 2011 at 1:09 AM said...

I love that pan!! :o) What a beautiful crumb, Faithy. I'm glad you liked it. I made it again over the weekend at a friend's house, using a "fruit cake" mix of candied fruit. It was a big hit!

ann low on December 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM said...

Beautiful! I've this pan and would love to try this out too :)

Anonymous said...

Is so pretty!! may I know the size of your pan and where you bought in spore? Thank you! :)

Chloe

Mendy on December 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM said...

ב''ה

That just looks fantastic!

faithy on December 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM said...

Thanks! It's a very delicious cake! Hanaa, i will try your fruit cake version too!

Chloe, you can buy this heritage pan at TOTT...and very reasonably priced too.

Anonymous said...

thank you for your prompt reply! may i know the size of yours? thank you! :)

chloe

Vicki on December 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM said...

It looks and sounds delicious! I'm not a fan of drinking egg nog, but in a cake sounds delicious.

Karen Baking Soda on December 14, 2011 at 3:40 AM said...

Ahhhh such a great pan! Love the clean lines and of course your perfect cake! Great job!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template