Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pierre Hermé Macarons in Tokyo

Just a short post as i'm still here in Tokyo and have rather limited time on internet. I'm out all day and by the time i get back to the apartment, i'm soo tired to even check emails.   Was shopping in Isetan at Shinjuku today and stumbled upon Pierre Hermé shop. I saw the colourful macarons and was tempted to try even though each piece was really quite pricey.  Nonetheless, after i tried them, i didn't regret paying and they tasted soo good. Surprisingly, his macarons are not so sweet.  I ate 5 at one go..literally..one after another and i couldn't stop. I went back and bought another 5 more so i can eat it tomorrow morning for breakfast..hahaha.. I'm a dessert person and i need my sugar-rush in the morning and not coffee.  

Flavors: Chocolate/Caramel, Pistachio, Chocolate & Rose Macarons 

Rose Macaron

Ispahan Macaron

Ispahan: Lychee centre, Raspberry & Rose infused buttercream.

Flavors: Chocolate, Yuzu, Vanilla/Cassis, Chocolate/Caramel, Vanilla/Chocolate Macarons


And earlier the day, i went to Michelle Wibowo's sugar art's exhibition at the Imperial Arcade.  Her work is super super amazing and her fine detailed work is so awesome.  She's an all rounder...her piping work is excellent and so is her cake carving!  When i grow up, i want to be just like her!   Took quite a lot of photos but i have no time to sort them out as yet.   Anyway, my time to surf the internet is up and i need to log off now as there's a Q to use my notebook..lol!  

I miss baking....and decorating... :(


11 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum on December 16, 2010 at 6:18 AM said...

Hi Faithy - what a treat for you. I hope you'll tell us what flavors you chose when you have time. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

:)
ButterYum

faithy on December 16, 2010 at 7:40 AM said...

Hi Pat! I've just put in the flavors! :)

Vicki on December 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM said...

Hermes-what a lucky find! When Dorie talks about the Paris shop that alone could make me get on a plane. Can't wait til you get back and post your pictures.

Hearts and Hands on December 16, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

Hey Faithy, my friend says the basement of Isetan has Pierre Herme, Laduree and in her opinion the best of all some japanese pastry chef who started in Paris. It will be interesting to compare all three :) sounds like you are having a lovely time.

faithy on December 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM said...

Hi..yes..basement Isetan has them all..but i only bought Pierre Herme's only though. I saw Aoki's..he's also a famous Japanese pastry chef, but i didn't..i was too caught up with eating Pierre Herme's macarons first..hahaha..since i have his macaron book, i wanted to try his so i can compare if mine turns out like his or not if using his recipe..LOL! :p

faithy on December 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM said...

LOL! Vicki, I'm terrible when it comes to organizing photos...i still have 2009 vacation photos that i've not sorted out yet..:p

Jenn on December 17, 2010 at 1:20 AM said...

Hi Faithy, I completely forgot that you are in Tokyo. How fun! It's on my list of places I want to go to, though I'm afraid I will want to buy everything (I heard shopping is expensive there).

The Macarons look so yummy! I want the Ispahan one...

Hanaâ on December 17, 2010 at 1:35 AM said...

wow, gorgeous macarons and lovely flavors. I love Cassis flavor. I hope you're enjoying your vacation. We miss you, both in HCB and ABC :o)

Mendy on December 17, 2010 at 2:36 PM said...

ב''ה

That is just so totally fun. Have a great time!

Love that unusual macaron.

Cakewhiz on December 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM said...

Those rose ones look delicious! Yummmmmm

maameemoomoo on December 25, 2010 at 2:45 AM said...

keeping my fingers crossed that i'd be able to try them soon! hehe

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template