Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mocha Bite Cookies



This is seriously addictive...i kept eating while dipping them into sugar! This recipe is by Anna Olson, the host of the TV program, Sugar.  I love watching it..cos it's all about dessert.  However, i do not quite like her new program Fresh..maybe because it is not all about sweets and probably at the back of my mind i have also associated her with desserts since she's a pastry chef.  I booked-marked her recipe (about a year ago! yup..i never got round baking it until yesterday my daughter requested for cookies with coffee in it) after watching the episode of her making these cookies. She said they were very addictive..and i do agree..it is!!   And the raw cookie dough tasted great too..lol! 


Yummy!!  I'm heading to the kitchen for more cookies before they disappear (i doubt they will last even a day!)... everyone just can't get their hands off the cookies..lol!..including me even though i'm not a coffee drinker.

Highly recommended...try it and you will not regret...

[Note to self - dd: July 3, 2010]:  Pre-made a batch today but left it in fridge for 2 hours before baking it. The coffee flavor wasn't that distinct anymore and the chocolate flavor became evident. There was no strong coffee fragrant either.  However, there was coffee after taste - ie cookie tasted primary chocolate and then the coffee after taste.  So, in future, always bake the dough immediately.
[Note to self - dd: July 5, 2010]: Strangely after 2 days the coffee flavor in the cookies intensified and now can taste the flavor better.  The earlier batch baked immediately ones loses it's coffee flavor after 2 days..

..

10 comments:

Unknown on July 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM said...

Chocolate and coffee! Your speaking my language. They are two of my favorite flavors. I am going to make this simple yummy recipe!

Mireya on July 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM said...

Yummy! I always eat the cookie before it makes it into the oven, lol!

Monica on July 1, 2010 at 1:22 AM said...

Faithy... I love her! They don't show her show here in the US, but every time I would visit my grandmother in Venezuela, her show was part of the international cooking channel there.

I have her book "Sugar" and this recipe is there... I never made them, but I guess now I have to - specially if the dough is good!

HanaĆ¢ on July 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM said...

These look yummy! I don't like/drink coffee, but I don't seem to mind it much in baked goods (if it's not overpowering). It's great with chocolate, so I can see why you keep going back for more :o)

faithy on July 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM said...

Thanks ladies! :D Yes..though i don't drink coffee, this seem really yummy, perhaps it is the chocolate in there..since i do adore chocolates!

@Linda: Yes, it's a very simple recipe..try it and let me know if you like it?

@Mireya: LOL! Ya..me too..including cake batter too..also to taste if i forgot anything such a sugar..which i sometimes do!

@Monica: I'm glad i'm not the only one who's such a fan of Anna Olson! LOL! I love her show Sugar..not so much Fresh though. She makes baking desserts look like such an easy thing..and even when measuring too..

@Hanaa: Me too..i don't like to drink coffee either, but in bake goods, not too bad. :D

Unknown on July 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM said...

These look seriously addictive.I have to try this recipe. I don't drink coffee but in baked goods it doesn't seem to bother me, plus, I love chocolate.

Jamie on July 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM said...

Oh chocolate and coffee is definitely my favorite! I want to make these. They look fabulous!

Saira on July 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

o.k...I'm sold...I think I'll try these for a baby shower I'm hosting...I'll take your word for it and won't 'test' the recipe...I'm sure my guests and I won't be dissapointed!

enq said...

This was so yummy, thank you! Sweet & slightly salty, I like that it's not too sweet. Very addictive! :)

Helen K on November 27, 2021 at 3:39 AM said...

I'm an experienced baker, and I love choc and coffee, but I do not like these at all. I'd rate them a 6/10 at most.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template