Monday, February 22, 2010

Yacht Cake 1 ( fell & damaged b4 delivery )



I made this cake for my boss' birthday celebration. Took me the entire day to decorate this cake and when i completed, my husband moved the cake to be placed onto a stool while i cleared up the table and then i accidentally touched the side of the board and then entire cake fell off from the stool and smashed into bits! All my hard work gone...wasted!  I was way too shocked and lost my sanity a bit and hence for got to take photos of the damaged cake..which i should have. 

Then i ended up staying up overnight and slept only 2 hours to re-bake and re-decorate the 2nd yacht cake ( in my next post ).

Right from the beginning, i had lots of problems with this cake..with fondant cracking, with cake sliding..etc and hence the boat looked rather 'bloated'..LOL!

Everything on the cake is made from edible material except the candle of course.  Cake Flavor: Chocolate Cake & Coffee Cake with respective buttercream...but too bad nobody got to eat it..all went to the bin! :(


4 comments:

Cake Believe on February 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

Sorry to hear about your "ship wreck"! I have been there before....your replacement was really amazing with your sleep deprivation and all!

faithy on February 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM said...

LOL! I like the term "Ship Wreck"! sounds so appropriate as a title for my blog..i didn't even think about this..! Thanks for your kind comment! I'm still working to get my buttercream as soon as yours! :)

Sugar Siren on February 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM said...

Love the sea effect, is it just buttercream?

faithy on February 24, 2010 at 12:17 PM said...

Hi Mackay, it is RI.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template