Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Happy 101 Award




I received the Happy 101 Award from my two favorite bloggers, Tracy of Sugarcrafter and Sarah of Maison Cupcakes.  I'm surprised that I'm being awarded. My blog has always been a sort of personal diary where i keep an account of what i have baked - since i have the tendency to forget things quite easily.  I'm no good in writing or expressing my feelings, so most of my posts are usu. factual, and that usu. imo is quite boring..LOL! So, I'm rather flattered to receive such an award.  I have found that the best thing from creating this blog (other than refreshing my memory) is that it has led to me to 'meet' other interesting and amazing food bloggers like Tracy, Sarah and others who have all been so helpful and encouraging.

Rules of the Award:-
  • 1) Copy the award image into a post.
  • 2) List 10 things that make you happy.
  • 3) Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
  • 4) Put in a link to their blogs.
  • 5) Notify the award receivers.
  • 6) Recipients to link back to the sender's blog.

10 Things That Makes Me Happy
  1. My Husband - cracks silly jokes all the time and makes me laugh
  2. My Daughter - tries very hard to get good results in her studies
  3. My Son - everything he does is like a milestone for us - when he suddenly speaks a new word or suddenly talks in sentence (ie, 3 words or more!), and when he seems to understand complex issues.  I'll be delighted when he can some day tell time..since we have been teaching him for years and he doesn't seems to get it..
  4. Shopping:  buying cookbooks, bake-wares, clothings, shoes..etc..
  5. Decorating cakes & cookies
  6. Reading cookbooks & other food bloggers' blogs, 
  7. Weekends - when i spend all my time with my family & cooking/baking.
  8. Good day at work during weekdays
  9. Christmas
  10. Holiday travels
I'm passing this award on to (no particular order):-
  1. Tiffany of Food Finery
  2. Juanita of SweetThings
  3. Jacqueline of Petalsweet Cakes
  4. Brandy of Cakes-a-nonymous
  5. Purplesque
  6. Patricia of Butteryum
  7. Shari of Whisk:AFoodBlog
  8. Pei-Lin of Dodol Mochi
  9. All of the Heavenly Cake Bakers' blogs including Marie's listed on Marie's blog
  10. All the blogrolls from MacTweets 
(PS: I know i 'cheated' for 9 & 10)..lol! ..but there's so many of them i follow all the time and it's really difficult to choose..)


I found a photo of myself (taken by my daughter) wearing a "Mr Happy" t-shirt which i thought is quite appropriate for this...lol!



Basically me in my kitchen: 5 steps to the left and 5 steps to the right  = total area of my kitchen..LOL!


15 comments:

Deeba PAB on January 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM said...

Love the sound of it Faithy..Happy 101 Award! What could be better? Huge gracias from Jamie & me for the including our blogroll. Makes us feel so good & special... oh and HAPPY!

Jamie on January 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM said...

Happy indeed! And I join my thank you to that of my great partner, Deeba, and agree that one of the best things about blogging has been the fabulous friends I've made. Our Mactweets blog has certainly been a very happy event, bringing so many friends together to work on a single project together with so many laughs along the way! Thanks for the award and thanks for making macs with us!

Unknown on January 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

It's been so much fun reading what makes everyone happy, I do emphasise with no3 as my son is 2 and a half and still doesn't speak beyond copying vowel noises and saying "O" meaning No. His understanding is very good but getting him to speak is proving very difficult.

Lurking in cookware stores makes me very happy too.

MaryMoh on January 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM said...

Congrats for the award. You surely deserve it. Keep cooking and keep blogging!! I'm sure food blogging makes the world a better and more friendly place :)

Lois B on January 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM said...

Congratulations on this well deserved award. Following your adventures has made me happy!

Pei-Lin on January 13, 2010 at 11:49 PM said...

Faithy, thanks for such an honor! I totally wasn't expecting this! That was so, so sweet of you!

You know what, you look so pretty and slim! How do you that when you keep churning out all those bakes!? I'm out of shape now ... Boohoo ...

Keep it up, buddy!

Pei-Lin

Brandy L on January 13, 2010 at 11:53 PM said...

Thank you so much Faithy! That is so nice of you. :d I love getting blog awards! :D

Vicki said...

Congrat's Faithy! You're so cute! You shoulda been a fashion model. Love the shirt.

Jenn on January 14, 2010 at 6:38 AM said...

Congrats Faithy! And thanks for adding HCB bakers!
PS: I don't think your blog is boring. It's always fun to read what you write.

faithy on January 14, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

Thanks Deeba & Jamie! I've enjoyed being part of the mactweets.

@Sarah: I love lurking in cookware stores too! It's not very good for my 'wallet'.. Some children starts talking at a later age. However if you are concern about your son still not talking, you might want to bring him for speech therapy or consult doctor for his late speech development? My suggestion is any therapy earlier the better. I knew my son was different (& autistic) when he was around 2 but the doctor we went too said it was too early to tell and to wait later. When at 3-4, the doc referred us to another doctor who said we came too late for help, anything/therapies should start as early as possible?!?! I was sooo upset then with all these doctors! So lesson i've learnt is that, just go for whatever therapy cos it doesn't hurt.. My son just turned 17, but he's still not really talking and only talking when he's asking for his immediate needs.

Thank you @MaryMoh, @LoisB, @PeiLin, @Brandy, @Vicki & @Jenn!

@PeiLin: The photo you see is taken quite far away and my hand is quite 'distorted'..lol! So you can't really see all my wrinkles..LOL! I guess as to being thin, I have typical Type A personality, so perhaps difficult to put on weight - which is not exactly great as you get older imo cos will look haggard.

@Vicki: Thanks! I'm too short & petite to be a fashion model! LOL!

@Jenn: Thanks you! You're so sweet!

@Lois: Thanks! Glad you joined us as one of HCB! :)

Patricia @ ButterYum on January 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM said...

I'm honored... thank you so much!!!!!

:)
ButterYum

Anonymous said...

Love love love the name of the award- and thank you so much!

What else do I love- that cute tshirt, all those awesome desserts you've been making (mango mochi? I'm going to die!), and your new digs. Oh, and the fact that your kitchen is exactly the same size as mine.

Dharm on January 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM said...

My first time here and what a nice visit!! Lovely blog you have here and we are just neigbours with me up in KL!

SweetThingsTO on January 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM said...

Thank so much Faithy! I love that picture of you - you look fab! And happy too!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog on January 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM said...

Thanks so much for this award, Faithy! You're so sweet! I'm sorry it took so long to come here to say thanks...a lot going on for me right now!!! xo

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template