Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shoes & Shoe Box Birthday Cake






I made this birthday cake for my friend Emily. Her birthday is only in December and i know it's a bit too early, but i will be away during her birthday and i since i promised her that i'll bake her a birthday cake, i thought it would be better to be early than later. Hope she'll like it. :)

The shoes i made from gumpaste (Size 6.5). The right shoe on the top of the box is the one that i had to refix cos my dog ate up almost the entire shoe when i left it to dry (thankfully she didn't have a tummy ache - it's too much sugar for her!!). I had to refix the right pair & because i rushed to fix it, there's a lot of cracked lines on the shoe...not as nice & neat as the other left pair imo.

The Box is Devil's Food Cake with Light Chocolate Frosting covered with Chocolate Fondant. Light Chocolate Frosting i created on my own tastes similar to that of our famous local bakery Awfully Chocolate's chocolate cake". My box is not very well done..looks more like a pillow imo. :( But that's the best i could do..it's my first time anyway and it's not easy when i realised my cake was too soft.

Cottonballs are made from marshmallow fondant. These were added because i messed up the white board with chocolate frosting..:p..so had to cover up with something..and came up with this design last minute...lol! The more i look at them, the more they look like popcorns to me! :S

Sugar Rose was the one i made earlier...in my earlier post. Didn't have use for it till now. :)

8 comments:

Sherrie on November 22, 2009 at 1:06 AM said...

Faithy!! What a gorgeous cake -- you are being way too hard on yourself. Emily will love it...absolutely...without question! Great job!

Unknown on November 22, 2009 at 2:15 AM said...

Totally totally gorgeous, I would wear these as real shoes and I would eat them if I had the chance too. She's a very lucky girl.

Patricia @ ButterYum on November 22, 2009 at 6:14 AM said...

Your Pradas turned out beautifully!

:)
ButterYum

Shoshana on November 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM said...

It is stunning! I love the details.

faithy on November 22, 2009 at 9:36 AM said...

Thank you Sherrie, Sarah, Patricia & Shoshana! All your sweet comments made me feel better about the imperfections that i kept seeing..:)

Mendy on November 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM said...

ב''ה

Wow! Amazing.

faithy on November 23, 2009 at 9:51 AM said...

Thanks Mendy!

Coco Cake Land on December 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM said...

WOH.

awesome!!!

holy smokes. seriously good! prada!!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template