Monday, November 9, 2009

Baby Chocolate Oblivions



Rose's Heavenly Cakes, Page 371: Baby Chocolate Oblivions

I'm a certified chocoholic, so obviously i LOVE these baby cakes! LOL! These are solely for the chocolate lovers cos' they are intensely rich & chocolate-ty. :D Feels almost like eating chocolate truffles instead of cakes. Also, they are gluten-free baby-cakes, ie, no flour.

These baby chocolate oblivions are very easy to make and baking time only 15mins. There's an instruction which i don't quite understand..ie, put the 9x13 pan over the cupcake pan resting on its edge or something. Must it be resting on edge upside down so it will leave some gap or just rest the entire pan on it so it falls flat on the cupcake pan? Anyway, so in the end, i just put a huge piece of aluminum foil over..*shrugs*. I didn't have 60% chocolate, so i mixed 394g of Valrhona 66% chocolate + 60g of Valrhona white chocolate + increased sugar to 60g. Turned out alright..and not too sweet either.

Ok..i admit, i didn't use the silicon pan, not that i don't have the silicon ones, i have but just too lazy to dig it out..so i used my non-stick metal cupcake pan which is easily accessible. (When you have a tiny kitchen like mine, you'll have to hide a lot of things away..sometimes i hide them in such a safe place that even i can't find..lol!) Hmm..yes, the cakes did get stuck to the pan despite me greasing it, but it was easy to "fix" the problem. I took a spatula and "frost" back the gooey underside stuck to the pan back to the cupcake and smoothen them into shape..hahahaha..see my photos above, doesn't look like the other half the cake was broken off and stuck to the pan right? ;P

I brought some to the office and everyone loved it..and everyone means they are chocolate lovers too. I'll definitely make these baby cakes again but i'll use a mini-cupcake pan instead. These baby cakes are so rich, it's probably easy to 'overdose'..so the smaller the better..:) These baby cakes taste great with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream! :)

8 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum on November 9, 2009 at 11:47 PM said...

Hi Faithy - your photos are excellent!!! I love that you were able to use a regular muffin pan for these. I'm going to wait for my silicone pan to arrive... I'm growing impatient since I ordered them several weeks ago. Anyway, great job, and thanks for the advice to make these in mini form.

:)
ButterYum

Vicki said...

Faithy,
How clever to use white chocolate along with the dark!

Jenn on November 10, 2009 at 6:08 AM said...

Faithy - love the pictures of the cake half eaten. Your daughter is a very talented photographer!

faithy on November 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

@ButterYum: Hi Pat! Thanks! I can't wait to read your post! I always enjoy reading your blog posts & photos!

@Vicki: LOL! I used the white chocolate mainly because the white chocolate was gonna expire soon and i wanted to get rid of it asap. :p

@Jenn: These photos were taken by me. :) I think it is by sheer luck i got them nicely taken. I took them on my boss' black glass table (hahahaha ..shhh..he wasn't in the office..). Somehow i think it is the black glass table that made the difference. As for the half eaten cake...it wasn't intentionally, more like i took 2 bites and realised i forgot to take photos..and then when to my boss room, put the cake on his table and took these photos! I'm also surprised it turned out quite well! LOL!

Marie on November 10, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

It never would have occurred to me to use white chocolate in with the dark--but it sounds like almost any combination of chocolate would work. Funny that the pictures that turned out so well and looked like they were planned were just because you forgot to take earlier photos!

Jenn on November 11, 2009 at 12:49 AM said...

What a funny story Faithy. :). You are talented yourself I think!

Jane on November 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM said...

Hi Faithy,

These look really, really good. Being a die-hard chocoholic myself, I know a yummy treat when I see one. It's completely amazing that you started baking such a short time ago. You are quite amazing!

:) Jane

faithy on November 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM said...

Hi Jane! You're so sweet! Thanks so much for your kind words! :)

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template