Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pink Peppercorn Strawberry Macarons





I bought 3 bottles of pink peppercorn when i was in Taipei, since i've not seen them being sold in our supermarts here. I remembered i read in Cannelle Et Vanille that she once made pink peppercorn macarons and i thought such a good idea since i have now 3 bottles sitting at home and not to mention abundance of eggwhites in my freezer..:) Pink Peppercorn has this sweet spicy aroma that i really like. However, i can't really taste it when i eat the macarons probably the strawberry centre & strawberry buttercream overwhelmed it. Perhaps I should have made her pink peppercorn buttercream instead.

Click here to Aran's pink peppercorn macarons recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn on October 21, 2009 at 5:53 AM said...

Faithy - I really enjoyed your macarons pictures. I have made macarons several times, though have only done chocolate so far - I think they have the best taste. But the pink ones look soooo cute! Do they taste good too? I guess it should if it has strawberry jam in the middle, or maybe ganache. What do you think?

faithy on October 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM said...

Hi Jenn, i love these photos too. These photos taken by my daughter, she's better with taking photos compared to me. :) She's my official photographer! LOL!

My family & friends who tried this strawberry version loves it. You can try strawberry jam in the middle if don't mind it being too sweet. I find macarons shell already sweet on its own, so when paired with jam or ganache makes them even sweeter. So, it's really your preference. :D

Cathie on October 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM said...

oohh I love the look of macaroons, they always look so delicate & sweet. love your pics ♥

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template