Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ThePioneerWoman's Coffee Cake




This coffee cake by The Pioneer Woman lives up to it's name..it's really very good! My family couldn't wait for the cake to chill for 1 hour before trying it out, so we cut the cake before it 'set' - hence it is very soft and breaks very easily, but it's just as delicious. If you are a coffee lover, this cake is for you. I'm not a coffee lover and i think like this cake already..LOL! Oh ya, i reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup - i think it's already sweet with 1/4 cup less sugar.

I didn't use her icing as i don't really like butter/powdered sugar icing cos it's way to sweet imo, i used the meringue buttercream (which is not very sweet & more buttery in texture) i already had in my fridge - add coffee paste & coffee powder and voila, coffee buttercream and it taste really good! :D

[Note]: This cake gives a coffee-aftertaste after eating. I'm not too sure if i like the aftertaste since i am not a coffee drinker and i don't drink coffee because of this reason. On the whole the cake is indeed yummy..all the coffee lovers in my office said it's very good..only people like me who's not a coffee drinker finds the aftertaste a bit strong..LOL!

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template