Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mochi Cake



I made Lemonpi's mochi cake and it is absolutely delicious! It has that mochi chewy texture feel to it but yet in a cakey form. It actually tastes quite a lot like our 'Malay or Nonya kuehs'.. Hard to explain till you've tried it imo. I tweet-ed her a few days ago and she told me it's really good and she makes them almost every weekend. I believed her..since i love anything that is mochi - japanese mochi, chinese 'mauh-chee'..etc, i thought i should try mochi cake as well and decided that i must bake it this weekend. I was too caught up with the sugarpaste flowers yesterday but today i had some time and the recipe looked pretty simple.

I added sweetened red beans, i figured to give it a more authentic 'japanese flavor' since mochi is most often paired with red-bean. I was too lazy to cook the red beans, so i took the easy way out and bought Japanese canned red beans instead..LOL!

Even my husband who doesn't like any 'fusion' food or rather he prefers the conventional asian food..thinks this cake tastes great! I'm so happy that i made the cake today! :) And thanks Lemonpi for converting the recipe into metric...i feel more comfortable baking in metric..lol! Here's her recipe link.

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template